Arvo Pärt – Creative Chair 2020/21
We live in a very noisy time, and everything noisy seems to want to attract attention, also in music.
In contrast, Pärt's music – like himself – has a certain spirituality, without telling us how or what to believe in.
«Arvo Pärt is a living legend. The idea of having him here as Creative Chair is not only to do with the fact that he is Estonian, that he is above all a magnificent composer, one of the last remaining giants.»
Every season, we invite an important composer to be our Creative Chair. Prepare to be astonished and moved by the music of our time. Our previous Creative Chairs:
- Erkki-Sven Tüür 2019/20 – Estonia
- Matthias Pintscher 2018/19 – Germany/USA
- Brett Dean 2017/18 – Australia
- Péter Eötvös 2016/17 – Hungary
- Jörg Widmann 2015/16 – Germany
- Esa-Pekka Salonen 2014/15 – Finland